McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center is a cutting-edge medical practice located ten minutes outside of Washington, DC in McLean, Virginia. Our board-certified dermatologists, Lily Talakoub, MD and Isabela Jones, MD, provide adult and pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and skin cancer surgery. We also have a full-service medical spa through which our estheticians provide medical-grade spa services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care to every client that is tailored to his or her individual needs.
We are always looking for talented, motivated colleagues and partners at McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center. As a teaching facility, we welcome individuals who aspire to learn about working in a clinical setting. Our facility is perfect for individuals considering bridge years before medical school, PA school, or nursing school, or anyone interested in working with patients.
At McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center, we pride ourselves on having a very interactive learning environment. Mclean Dermatology’s owner, Dr. Talakoub, known to her patients and students as “Dr. Lily,” is an Associate Professor at the VCU School of Medicine, through which she teaches medical students during dermatology clinical rotations. Additionally, Dr. Lily is a clinical educator for physician assistant students from George Washington University and Wake Forest University. Dr. Lily is also a national trainer for Allergan, the makers of Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella, and Latisse; she trains other practitioners on how to inject these products for a tasteful cosmetic outcome. Dr. Lily has also pioneered a training program for nurse practitioners to develop specialized training in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Each of our team members has the opportunity to gain a wealth of clinical knowledge from our teaching environment. Additionally, employees are given hands-on training in the following areas:
- OSHA Training, including Blood-borne Pathogen and Hazard Communication Training
- HIPAA Training
- Seminars on Skincare Products, Cosmetic Products, Esthetic Services and Medical Devices
- Emergency Response Techniques
- Educational Writing
- Clinical Training
- Surgical Assisting
- Health Insurance
- 401K Options
- Malpractice Insurance
- On-Site Training
- Working with a great team
Send us your resume with a cover letter by emailing it to us here!
Current Job Openings
Front Office Assistant
With the growing patient volume, we are looking for an upbeat front office assistant to join our team. Our administrative team is a key factor in creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for our patients while also providing an excellent level of care.
Job responsibilities for our front office coordinator include:
- Answering telephone calls on a multi-line telephone system
- Scheduling appointments in cloud-based scheduling system
- Greeting patients and clients enthusiastically upon check-in
- Checking patients in before medical visits (insurance data entry)
- Performing transactions for retail products, copays, co-insurance payments, medical visits, and spa services
- Managing inventory of retail products
- Taking detailed messages from patients in electronic health records
- Updating medical records with insurance and demographic information
- Answering billing and insurance questions
- Performing miscellaneous administrative tasks (faxing, scanning, etc.)
- Communicating test results to patients
- Managing schedule of three healthcare providers, medical assistants, and one esthetician
The ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable using Mac Computers
This position requires Saturday hours.
One-year commitment required, long-term hires preferred
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
We are looking for a medical assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who takes initiative to assist our provider in delivering excellent care to our patients. This position is ideal for someone with specific interest in moving forward in the medical field as a graduate (PA, nursing) or medical student because it is a very hands-on clinical role; however, plans for continued education are not required.
We are 100% electronic! Advanced experience with MAC computers and iPads is required. Previous hands-on experience working with patients is preferred but is not required; all candidates will be trained extensively.
Training and duties will include:
- Performing patient interviews to collect health history and maintaining patient health records
- Assisting with medical procedures and examinations, including skin biopsies, surgeries, laser
- Scribing for our healthcare providers during medical examinations and procedures in electronic
- Performing blood draws, wound checks, dressing changes, and suture removals
- Bachelors degree from a four year university
- Interest in moving forward in the medical field
Bridge Year for Patient Care Experience
Working as a medical assistant provides an invaluable opportunity to gain direct patient-care experience. For individuals on a pre-medical track to continue education, educational opportunities are provided. We offer a 24-month program through which on-site clinical training is provided, in addition to educational seminars on skincare conditions, medical devices, and skincare products. Hands-on experience will be offered through the opportunity to scribe during real patient visits, in addition to the opportunity to develop clinical skill-sets and assist with surgical procedures.
A two-year contract is required for this role given the level of training.
Email us your resume!
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
We are looking for another provider to join our team full-time. The ideal candidate is an experienced NP or PA who is interested in practicing medical and surgical dermatology only (not cosmetic dermatology). We are looking for a long-term fit and are asking of a three year commitment.
We are 100% electronic! Advanced experience with MAC computers and iPads is required.
- 2-3 years of work experience as a PA or NP in the field of dermatology specifically
- Licensed in the state of Virginia
- Working with a fantastic team!
- Health benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Malpractice insurance
- Education allowance
With the growing patient volume, we are looking for one more board-certified/board-eligible dermatologist to join our team. Dermatologists who are still doing their residency and fellowship training and are available, as well as dermatologists who are currently in practice with experience, are encouraged to apply and will all be strongly considered.
This practice has a very large service area that spans throughout the metropolitan area, including Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. There is very strong earning potential.
Office hours are Monday through Saturday. Weekend hours are always welcome. This position requires at least one Saturday per month.
Be as busy as you like from day 1. Tenured support staff has been with practice for over seven years. Scribes in each exam room, focused on quality patient care. 100% electronic!
This practice has academic affiliations with multiple institutions. Therefore, the new dermatologists may have the opportunity to do some teaching.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous starting compensation
- Optional partnership opportunities
- 2-5 days per week – work as much or as little as you like