Everyone will notice. No one will know. Lift, smooth, or plump your way to natural looking results that last. Juvederm is the number one selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the United States. Each product in the Juvederm collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face to lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, or plump the lips. The results are natural looking and long lasting.
These fillers are made of a synthetic substance known as hyaluronic acid. Treatment with hyaluronic products typically takes less than one hour (individual treatment times may vary). Generally, there is little to no downtime associated with treatment.
Juvederm Voluma XC
An injectable gel instantly that adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss.
An injectable gel instantly smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
Juvederm Ultra XC
An injectable gel is formulated exclusively for lip augmentation.
A thin injectable gel forumlated for lip augmentation to enhance definition and for lines around the mouth.
- Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St. John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Plan to arrive to the office an hour prior to your scheduled appointment time for topical numbing.
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area for the first six hours following treatment, so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After six hours, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) or cold.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness may occur. These are typically mild and normally last less than 14 days.
Important Safety Considerations
- Products should not be used during pregnancy, when breastfeeding, or in patients under 18 years for nasolabial folds.
- Use at the site of skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infection should be postponed until healing is complete. In these instances, product use could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
- Rarely, the doctor may inject into a blood vessel, which can damage the skin. Although rare, red or swollen small bumps may occur.
- Products with hyaluronic acid should NOT be used by people with previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria, or by people with serious allergies to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment.