The providers at McLean Dermatology offer many treatment options to help patients get rid of acne and prevent or reduce future outbreaks. We will take the time to carefully assess the underlying causes of your condition and design a treatment plan that addresses these factors. Here are just some of the treatment options we may suggest.
- Acne Extraction: To help clear the pores, we may suggest acne extraction. This treatment gives your skin an added boost by removing the pore plugs (also called comedones) that prevent you from effectively cleansing the skin. With the comedones gone, your skin care routine will be much more effective, as any cleansers will be able to penetrate more deeply and destroy acne-causing bacteria.
- Chemical Peels: Some chemical peels, like the glycolic acid peel, can be very effective as part of an acne treatment routine. These peels reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and unclogging pores.
- Topical Treatments: For many patients, topical treatments can be an effective option for getting their acne under control. Unfortunately, over-the-counter brands may not have active ingredient concentrations strong enough to clear the pores and reduce inflammation. In such cases prescription-strength creams may be a viable option. Further, anti bacterial creams may also be a good solution for some patients.
- Skin Care Routine: In some cases, the patient’s acne can be partly the result of a poorly-designed skin care routine. To help you treat acne, one of our expert providers can help you assess your current skin care routine and figure out how it can be improved. Shop our providers favorite products on Derm to Door!
- Prescription Medication: Patients struggling with severe acne, like cystic acne, may need a more aggressive form of treatment that involves oral medication.
Taking the First Step
Don’t wait to get professional help for your acne. The providers at McLean Dermatology are highly experienced in this field and have helped countless patients significantly reduce outbreaks or get rid of acne altogether. We’ve achieved this by focusing on the needs of our patients and designing custom treatments for best results.
Set up your acne consultation by giving us a call at (703) 356-5111