Tired of troublesome pimples and acne scars? We’ve got good news for you! At McLean & Potomac Dermatology, we offer several acne treatments to help you get the skin you deserve. Our options are non-surgical, often non-invasive, and 100% potent! Whether you’re interested in chemical peels or at-home skin routine treatments, we’ve got you covered. Schedule an appointment in McLean or Potomac to explore our options.
Acne Treatment Options
The providers at McLean & Potomac Dermatology offer many treatment options to help patients get rid of acne and prevent or reduce future breakouts. We will take the time to carefully assess the underlying causes of your condition and design a treatment plan that addresses these factors. Here are just some of the treatment options we may suggest.
- Acne Extraction: To help clear the pores, we may suggest acne extraction. This treatment gives your skin an added boost by removing the pore plugs (also called comedones) that prevent you from effectively cleansing the skin. With the comedones gone, your skincare routine will be much more effective, as any cleansers will be able to penetrate more deeply and destroy acne-causing bacteria.
- Chemical Peels: Some chemical peels, like the glycolic acid peel, can be very effective as part of an acne treatment routine. These peels reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and unclogging pores.
- Topical Treatments: For many patients, topical treatments can be an effective option for getting their acne under control. Unfortunately, over-the-counter brands may not have active ingredient concentrations strong enough to clear the pores and reduce inflammation. In such cases, prescription-strength creams may be a viable option. Anti-bacterial creams may also be a good solution for some patients.
- Skin Care Routine: In some cases, the patient’s acne can be partly the result of a poorly-designed skincare routine. To help you treat acne, one of our expert providers can help you assess your current skincare routine and figure out how it can be improved. Shop for our providers’ favorite products on Derm to Door!
- Prescription Medication: Patients struggling with severe acne, like cystic acne, may need a more aggressive form of treatment that involves oral medication.
Results of Acne Treatments
Treatments like chemical peels can exfoliate your skin, eliminating surface-level imperfections and keeping your skin clear for several weeks. Other treatments, like topicals, require a prolonged application before the benefits are fully experienced. The outcome of your treatment will depend on your specific condition and chosen treatment type. Get in touch for a consultation today to figure out which option is best for you.
Before and After Photos
Find Acne Treatments in McLean, VA, or Potomac, MD
Don’t wait to get professional help for your acne. Our providers here at McLean & Potomac Dermatology are highly experienced in clearing acne and have helped countless patients significantly reduce outbreaks or get rid of this issue altogether. We’ve achieved this by focusing on the needs of our patients and designing custom treatments for the best results.
Set up your acne consultation by giving us a call at (703) 356-5111.