A rash can be innocent and temporary, but it some cases, it can persist and cause a great deal of ongoing discomfort. If you have red, itchy, irritated skin that is causing you to feel uneasy, it may be time to come in for treatment. Our rash treatments are offered by experienced dermatologists that understand the skin and how to soothe it. Schedule a consultation at one of our offices in McLean or Potomac to learn more.
When Are Treatments for Rashes Needed?
Rash treatments may be needed if they are causing discomfort or are accompanied by other symptoms. Some signs that may indicate the need for treatment include:
- A severe itching or burning sensation: If the rash causes severe itching or burning, it may be a sign of an underlying condition that needs to be treated.
- Spreading or worsening of the rash: If the rash spreads or becomes more severe, it may be a sign of an infection or allergic reaction requiring medical attention.
- Pus or drainage: If the rash oozes pus or other fluids, it may be infected and require treatment.
- Pain or tenderness: If the rash is painful or tender to the touch, it may indicate an infection or other underlying condition.
- Systemic symptoms: If the rash is accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, headache, or joint pain, it may be a sign of a more serious condition that requires medical attention.
What Do Rash Treatments Involve?
During your visit, we will evaluate your skin and determine the cause of your rash. We can offer rash treatments through medication, topical creams, and phototherapy. We can also conduct a patch test to determine if the rash is due to an allergic reaction and what the potential triggers may be.
Results of Rash Treatments
By determining the cause of your rash and prescribing appropriate medication, we can alleviate the symptoms you’re experiencing and prevent them from occurring again in the future. In addition to the help you receive here, it is likely that you will need to make some lifestyle changes to avoid developing rashes again.
Schedule Rash Treatments in McLean, VA
If you have a rash that is causing you a great deal of distress, it’s time to seek help. At McLean & Potomac Dermatology, we offer effective rash treatments and diagnoses that can help you identify the source of your rash and feel better again. Schedule an appointment at one of our locations today to learn more.
Set up your consultation by calling us at (703) 356-5111.