McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center is a cutting-edge medical practice located ten minutes outside of Washington, DC in McLean, Virginia. Our board-certified dermatologists, Lily Talakoub, MD and Isabela Jones, MD, provide adult and pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and skin cancer surgery. We also have a full-service medical spa through which our estheticians provide medical-grade spa services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care to every client that is tailored to his or her individual needs.
We are always looking for talented, motivated colleagues and partners at McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center. As a teaching facility, we welcome individuals who aspire to learn about working in a clinical setting. Our facility is perfect for individuals considering bridge years before medical school, PA school, or nursing school, or anyone interested in working with patients.
At McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center, we pride ourselves on having a very interactive learning environment. Mclean Dermatology’s owner, Dr. Talakoub, known to her patients and students as “Dr. Lily,” is an Associate Professor at the VCU School of Medicine, through which she teaches medical students during dermatology clinical rotations. Additionally, Dr. Lily is a clinical educator for physician assistant students from George Washington University and Wake Forest University. Dr. Lily is also a national trainer for Allergan, the makers of Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella, and Latisse; she trains other practitioners on how to inject these products for a tasteful cosmetic outcome. Dr. Lily has also pioneered a training program for nurse practitioners to develop specialized training in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Each of our team members has the opportunity to gain a wealth of clinical knowledge from our teaching environment. Additionally, employees are given hands-on training in the following areas:
- OSHA Training, including Blood-borne Pathogen and Hazard Communication Training
- HIPAA Training
- Seminars on Skincare Products, Cosmetic Products, Esthetic Services and Medical Devices
- Emergency Response Techniques
- Educational Writing
- Clinical Training
- Surgical Assisting
- Health Insurance
- 401K Options
- Malpractice Insurance
- On-Site Training
- Working with a great team
Send us your resume with a cover letter by emailing it to us here!
Current Job Openings
With the growing patient volume, we are looking for one more board-certified/board-eligible dermatologist to join our team. Dermatologists who are still doing their residency and fellowship training and are available, as well as dermatologists who are currently in practice with experience, are encouraged to apply and will all be strongly considered.
This practice has a very large service area that spans throughout the metropolitan area, including Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. There is very strong earning potential.
Office hours are Monday through Saturday. Weekend hours are always welcome. This position requires at least one Saturday per month.
Be as busy as you like from day 1. Tenured support staff has been with practice for over seven years. Scribes in each exam room, focused on quality patient care. 100% electronic!
This practice has academic affiliations with multiple institutions. Therefore, the new dermatologists may have the opportunity to do some teaching.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous starting compensation
- Optional partnership opportunities
- 2-5 days per week – work as much or as little as you like
We are expanding and are looking for a nurse to join our team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who will take initiative to assist our providers in delivering excellent care to our patients. This position is ideal for someone with interest in performing clinical duties and growing into a management role.
This position will require Saturday hours. This position requires a two-year commitment.
We are 100% electronic! Advanced experience with MAC computers and iPads is required. Previous hands-on experience in dermatology is preferred, but not required. Experience in ER or ICU preferred. All candidates will be trained extensively.
Training and duties will include:
- Performing patient interviews to collect health history and maintaining patient health records
- Assisting with medical procedures and examinations, including skin biopsies, excisions, laser treatments, etc. in a fast-paced environment
- Medical scribing for our healthcare providers during medical examinations and procedures in electronic health records
- Performing clinical tasks, such as performing blood draws, wound checks, dressing changes, suture removals, etc.
- Provide care education to patients in person or over the phone
- Performing non-invasive skin tightening treatments, laser treatments, and CoolSculpting treatments.
- Performing IV therapy treatments.
- Adhere to compliance guidelines throughout processes (OSHA, FDA, HIPAA)
- Assure quality care by adhering to standards set by the physicians.
- Manage and train clinical staff.
- Please note: this not a cosmetic/nurse injector role.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with current licensure
- 4-6 years of work as a registered nurse in the hospital setting