McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center is a cutting-edge medical practice located ten minutes outside of Washington, DC in McLean, Virginia. Our board-certified dermatologists, Lily Talakoub, MD and Isabela Jones, MD, provide adult and pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and skin cancer surgery. We also have a full-service medical spa through which our estheticians provide medical-grade spa services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care to every client that is tailored to his or her individual needs.
We are always looking for talented, motivated colleagues and partners at McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center. As a teaching facility, we welcome individuals who aspire to learn about working in a clinical setting. Our facility is perfect for individuals considering bridge years before medical school, PA school, or nursing school, or anyone interested in working with patients.
At McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center, we pride ourselves on having a very interactive learning environment. Mclean Dermatology’s owner, Dr. Talakoub, known to her patients and students as “Dr. Lily,” is an Associate Professor at the VCU School of Medicine, through which she teaches medical students during dermatology clinical rotations. Additionally, Dr. Lily is a clinical educator for physician assistant students from George Washington University and Wake Forest University. Dr. Lily is also a national trainer for Allergan, the makers of Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella, and Latisse; she trains other practitioners on how to inject these products for a tasteful cosmetic outcome. Dr. Lily has also pioneered a training program for nurse practitioners to develop specialized training in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Each of our team members has the opportunity to gain a wealth of clinical knowledge from our teaching environment. Additionally, employees are given hands-on training in the following areas:
- OSHA Training, including Blood-borne Pathogen and Hazard Communication Training
- HIPAA Training
- Seminars on Skincare Products, Cosmetic Products, Esthetic Services and Medical Devices
- Emergency Response Techniques
- Educational Writing
- Clinical Training
- Surgical Assisting
- Health Insurance
- 401K Options
- Malpractice Insurance
- On-Site Training
- Working with a great team
Send us your resume with a cover letter by emailing it to us here!
Current Job Openings
- Front Office Assistant
With the growing patient volume, we are looking for one more board-certified/board-eligible dermatologist to join our team. Dermatologists who are still doing their residency and fellowship training and are available, as well as dermatologists who are currently in practice with experience, are encouraged to apply and will all be strongly considered.
This practice has a very large service area that spans throughout the metropolitan area, including Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. There is very strong earning potential.
Office hours are Monday through Saturday. Weekend hours are always welcome. This position requires at least one Saturday per month.
Be as busy as you like from day 1. Tenured support staff has been with practice for over seven years. Scribes in each exam room, focused on quality patient care. 100% electronic!
This practice has academic affiliations with multiple institutions. Therefore, the new dermatologists may have the opportunity to do some teaching.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous starting compensation
- Optional partnership opportunities
- 2-5 days per week – work as much or as little as you like
Front Office Assistant
We are looking for an upbeat front office assistant to join our team. Our administrative team is a key part of creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for our patients and providing an excellent care.
Schedule: Typical schedule will be 9:00am to 5:00pm but may vary by day.
Job responsibilities for our Front Office Coordinator include:
- Answering telephone calls on a multi-line telephone system
- Scheduling appointments in cloud-based scheduling system
- Greeting patients and clients enthusiastically upon check-in
- Checking patients in before medical visits (insurance data entry)
- Performing transactions for retail products, copays, co-insurance payments, medical visits, and spa services
- Managing inventory of retail products
- Answering questions about services and retail products
- Taking detailed messages from patients in electronic health records
- Updating medical records with insurance and demographic information
- Answering billing and insurance questions
- Performing miscellaneous administrative tasks (faxing, scanning, etc.)
- Communicating test results to patients
- Managing schedule of four healthcare providers, medical assistants, and spa
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university
- Previous administrative experience
- Interest in the medical field and healthcare business process
- Passion for skincare and patient-care
- Expertise with Mac operating systems
To apply, send us your resume here!